Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mice...Yes, Act IV

This mouse thing is such a part of my life now that it has four parts.  Just think of it as a play...because Act V is sure to happen.

I have to back up a little and explain how the first mouse was disposed of.  We have already established that Greg is terrified, no, paralyzed by mice and any rodent, really.  Bravely though, he decided to check to see if the supertrap had worked.  Instead of getting on the chair, which is my preferred method of peeking in on the death zone, he gets a pair of tongs (thankfully the extra pair that he bought at the Dollar Store when he moved to Campbell County) and grabs the trap.

It says on the trap packaging that you can't see the mouse once it has been killed.  Well, let me just say that they mice in our house must be the extra-long variety.

So, Greg  went after the trap with tongs and when he saw the tail and hindparts of the mouse hanging out, he dropped the trap and the tongs, jumped backwards and said some curse words. I’m sure it didn’t help that I heard all this from the bedroom and dissolved in giggles. Since that incident I have been on clean up duty. It is good to have a sense of humor about it, I guess.

We did catch Mousey's friend, which brings the dead mouse total to two.  Three if you count the one I found in the basement that seems to have died from natural causes.  However, its hair was fluffy and sticking out like maybe it had been electrocuted or something.  A little weird.

Unfortunately, Greg saw a mouse, a live one, in the basement yesterday.  It was running down the wall.  Needless to say, I had to coax Greg out of the basement and up onto the couch for some counseling.  Just kidding.  But he did break out in a cold sweat when he saw it.  Poor Greg.

1 comment:

  1. Totally loved this! I feel like I was there with you as you described what happened. I'm glad I wasn't or you would have had to counseled two instead of one. LOL!

    ReplyDelete