Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Random Thoughts from Our Weekend

Some Quotes...

"You know, mommy, Barbie is my true love."  ~Kiley

"Whatever." ~Leah, in response to the previous quote.  Greg snorted.

"How big is her finger going to get?"  ~Leah, after Marianna was stung by a wasp INSIDE our house.  Another thing we have to talk to the landlords about....bugs.  Her finger went on to resemble a VI-eeny (Vienna) sausage, but otherwise she was fine.  Thanks, Dr. Riss, for taking our emergency call. 

"Yes, I think I have a particular order in which I wash in the shower so I don't miss anything."  ~Greg, after being questioned by Leah, who does not have a particular way she washes...but maybe she needs one.

"Just put some tobacco on it."  ~Pop, giving advice about what to do with the VI-eeny sausage that used to be our youngest daughter's thumb.  He later said a teabag would do the same thing, which was good, because I wasn't going to by a pack of cigs just to extract the tobacco for a wasp sting.

"What is the fascination with hair????!!!!"  ~Leah, after removing yet another wad of hair from the baby's mouth.  Gross.

Other notes....

I almost ran into a horse and buggy this morning on my way to work.  It was the Amish type...thankfully my brakes are pretty good and the horse had enough sense to listen as the driver pulled him up before crossing the road.

I resisted a "FREE KITTENS" sign at a farm on my way to work...Greg, you would be so proud.  There is still this afternoon, though.

Upon getting to work this morning, I realized that my pants looked a little streaked, like parts of them had been bleached.  That is what happens when you get dressed in semi-darkness.  Thankfully they are khaki, so it is kind of hard to notice unless you are really looking, and honestly, who is going to really look at my pants?

Marianna has a tooth!  Yippee!  However, this might make breastfeeding a little more difficult. 

Yesterday we realized that we had no fruit baby food for Marianna's breakfast.  What to do...no bananas, no apples, no peaches in the house either.  But, we did have apple butter!  The ingredient list wasn't too bad, all natural stuff, no high fructose corn syrup...so I mixed it with her cereal.  YUM!  She might not want to go back to fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment