Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Not So Noteworthy News

I'll give you a minute to get back up off the floor after seeing that I have posted twice in one week...pause....

This morning, I survived an uneventful Craigslist transaction.  I was supposed to meet this guy yesterday to have him take a look at our front load washer and dryer that we have been trying to sell for about three months...So, I get to the meeting location, Food Lion, at the prescribed time of 7:50....and wait...and wait.  And it is a no show.  So, after getting back to my office, I get a happy little e-mail from the guy.

"So, I think I was confused.  I was at the Food Lion in Amelia County." he writes.

"I'm so sorry!  I just assumed we were meeting at the Food Lion in Farmville!"  I write.

You know what happens when you assume, right?  Oh well.  No harm done, he agrees to meet me today at the Farmville Food Lion.  This gives me time to worry some more about meeting a stranger in a parking lot.  He had told me that he worked for the Amelia County Sherriff's Department.  I thought two things when I read that.  First, great, he is an okay guy.  Second, what have I done wrong?  Is he going to arrest me?  Is selling a washer and a dryer illegal?  Something about transporting a washer and dryer over county lines  maybe? AHHHHHH!  And then my friend pointed out that he probably would have a gun.  Sigh.

So, this morning, as I was getting ready to leave the house.  I looked at Greg and I said, "Look at what I am wearing...just in case you need to make a report.  Oh, and there is a picture of me on the Longwood website, if you need to circulate a picture.  If you need to get to my e-mail, because I communicated with him several times via e-mail (you know...to establish pre-meditation) the password information is on the "Important Documents" sheet in the bill folder.  Just in case, you know?" 

I'm crazy, but you can never be too careful.  As the guy pulls up, I'm on the phone with Greg.  They look normal (him and his son), so I tell Greg I'll call him in a minute.  Everything goes smoothly, I say goodbye to the washer and dryer.  He gives me cash.  The end.  All that planning for nothing.  Works for me!  Greg calls me back and is probably relieved, but not surprised, to hear that everything went fine. 

In other non noteworthy news.  I have two funny and lewd quotes from Greg. 

Here is some background.  We have been trying to find the cheapest places to buy groceries, and we have decided that WalMart is the cheapest and they price match, so we have been collecting sales papers.  As we are discussing the pros and cons of Food Lion (this time in Brookneal :) ) and WalMart, Greg proclaims, "Yeah, WalMart always beats their meat."  HA HA!  Greg starts to shake a little from the laughs, and I roll my eyes at him.

Another lewd comment from Greg (don't get the wrong idea about him, he just seems to capitalize on these moments).  We are stirring something on the stove.  Spaghetti sauce, I think.  He has a wooden spoon, and I go in with a regular spoon to do a taste check.  I happen to brush again the wooden spoon and Greg says, "I think we just had spoon sex!"  Another eye roll from me as Greg giggles.

I'm pretty sure that both of these comments were made in the same day....Greg, I love you, but you are a weirdo sometimes.

And now, to tell one on myself....I just had to look up how to spell lewd.  I thought it was lude, but that refers to an illegal drug.  Oh well, you learn something new every day!

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I've been laughing my butt off for the last hour reading your entries!!! Shew girl, you're hilarious!!! Love seeing the pics and videos of your beautiful girls!!! Gracie and Kiley are close in age (both in Kindergarten this year, yay, lol)!!

    ReplyDelete