Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Why This Isn't a Real Blog...and Other Thoughts

Okay, so those of you who follow this or check in every so often probably already realized why it isn't a "real" blog.  I post like once a month...okay, maybe once every two months.  I'll try to do better.  Really.

Kiley's latest hilarious quote...
    
       "You get sillier as you get older...if you are lucky!" 

HA HA HA.  I guess Greg and I are lucky, because we are pretty silly people.  I am so glad that Paula gave us a little book to record these little nuggets...

In other news, Kiley brought home 50 (yes, I counted) semi-completed worksheets yesterday dating back to November, six of her little readers, and an art project.  I honestly don't know what they do in her class.  I thought about going and volunteering, a.k.a. spying, for a day, but I just don't think I can handle it.  We don't have any other options for school, so Greg and I have vowed to really just work with Kiley at home on the weekends and in the evenings.  I am so not impressed with Brookneal Elementary, which got me thinking...maybe I should try to get involved in the PTA, or the school board, or something...oh well. 

Here are some thoughts on my New Year's Resolutions.  I should have known we would fail from the get-go, because we didn't write any of our resolutions down.  That should have been the first resolution.  Alas...

1.  Lose weight...or at least don't gain any.  I was doing really well on this one, but the problem is that I don't really like to exercise and I really, really, really love food.  For about 14 months, I had the built in solution to weight loss...breastfeeding.  I have thought about marketing this on one of those infomercials..."A Secret to Weight Loss Success!  Woman loses 50 pounds!"  There are, of course, a few obvious problems.  First of all, I would have a pretty limited audience.  Greg did suggest that I could just keep pumping, and I have heard of women selling their breast milk or just giving it away to strangers...that is a little weird though.  And pumping?  It is okay for the first few days, until your nipples realize that the mechanical thing hooked up to them is not a baby.  Boobs are pretty smart.  They know, trust me, they just know. 

Greg was doing okay with this too, until the football clinic stuff started.  His first of the season was last weekend with his coaching buddies from Wise County.  They embarked on the "Fat Man's Journey" otherwise known as "Stop at as Many Triple D's as Possible."  Oh well.  It also didn't help that I made red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for the Superbowl.  Oh, and the CASE of Girl Scout cookies that Greg ordered...those will be coming soon to crash our diet. 

So, the losing weight thing is not going so well. 

2.  Spend less money...this one is going okay.  It is not so hard to give up Starbucks when your six year old questions you about your spending habits on a daily basis.  "Mommy, did you go to Starbucks today?  You said you weren't going to do that as much any more."  Yeah, yeah.  Seriously though, we are doing better on this front.

3.  Be more organized.  Hmmmm....my desk right now has several piles of papers that I have vowed to go through....there is laundry waiting to be started at home...clutter to figure out what to do with...dishes...clutter...more clutter.  However, Greg vowed to "do something" with our basement which has become the Mullins' Family Depository lately.  He flattened all our moving boxes, organized the things we want to keep, and boxed up the give away stuff.  Now if he could only get me to live up to my half of the bargain, which was to take one box per week to Goodwill.  Doesn't sound difficult, but we are also talking about the person who is supposed to "do something" with the recycling once a week.  Right now I have a giant bag of plastic in the back of my car that has been in there for at least five weeks.  Sigh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment