Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our Christmas Break

Christmas time’s a comin’, Christmas time’s a comin’…and I’m not ready. This year, Christmas has just snuck right up on me. I just finished (I think) ordering the last few things from the North Pole (a.k.a Amazon). Speaking of Amazon…our basement is sort of cluttered with Amazon boxes, and I don’t really know what is in them. I had a list that I went by when I was shopping, but you know how they ship things in multiple boxes? I need to go down there tonight and figure out what I bought. I have not set one toe inside an actual store for Christmas shopping this year. I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. But me and the internet? Yep, that is the way to go.


So, the state of the house…we do have a Christmas tree, and it is giant and it sort of leans to the right a little bit. The porch has lights, and we have never done that before (go us!). The crèche has not made it out yet….right now there is a Playmobile Advent calendar in its place. Not exactly religious, either…it is Santa’s Workshop. Maybe I can get the actual crèche up in time for the Kings to appear on Epiphany.

Kiley and Marianna are at the perfect age to drive around a look at Christmas lights. Every time we come up on a house that is decorated, Marianna says, “Ohhhhhh! Yay!” and then claps. Very cute.

Greg will be staying home wrapping presents and attempting to unearth our house while I am in Leesburg with the girls…then Christmas at home…then to Greg’s parents’ house for after Christmas festivities. I guess my to-do list for Christmas break will have to be squeezed in to the two or three days we will actually be at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment