It was April, so yes, it was kind of chilly. That didn't stop Kiley from getting in the water. Marianna seemed interested the first time we went to the beach, but then something tragic happened. A boy, probably about 8 or 9, was flying his kite when the wind jerked it out of his hand. They kite went sailing out to sea, and the boy went into hysterics. He started out after it, and Greg kind of corralled him while his mom or grandmother caught up with him. Marianna was mortified, and she wouldn't go near the water after that.
Funny thing about this vacation was that Marianna seems to have unleashed her hidden talent for talking. Here is a list of her new words or phrases...and I'm kind of drawing a blank right now, so I'll try to post more later.
1. I tie my shoes! (Her shoes don't tie, so I don't know where this is coming from.)
2. Bee in nose? (She means she has a boogie.)
3. My toes hot!
4. Mari! (Yes, she can say her name...finally.)
5. Bug dead?
6. I toot. (ha ha)
7. I buy more. (She has been saying this for a while)
8. I eat daddy! (She grabs his nose and eats it...then she'll pretend to swallow it, but she'll even spit it back up and reattach it when asked.)
9. Tea party? (like an actual tea party, so no, we are not raising a crazy, right-wing republican)
|Ready to head to the beach!|
|Mari toes in the sand...|
|Looking for shells...|
|Beach girl...cold beach girl...|
|Did I mention it was windy?|